A culture consists of the behaviors, beliefs, customs, and attitudes of a group of people. It is reflected in the art, literature, the language, the inventions, and traditions of the people. It is affected by the geography and climate of where people live.
the earliest cultures?
- Creating tools--simple stone ones at first, then more complex tools
- Working together--humans hunt and live in groups
- Setting rules--developing rules for people to live by
- Starting to farm
- Developing written language
- Cave paintings
- Specialization of labor--people having different jobs
- Building cities
- Setting up systems of government
- Bringing people together to exchange ideas
What causes cultures to change?
New ideas and inventions
Changes in environment such as the climate, or natural disasters
Contact with other cultures
The sharing of new ideas through cultural diffusion
Changes within a society--such as population growth and conflict or war
What is meant by multicultural?
This is a "think about it and give your own ideas" question