Sunday, April 17, 2011

Είμαι στην Ελλάδα!



Well I'm finally here! Greetings from the Herodion Hotel in Athens. After a very long flight and very little sleep, I'm getting settled in to my new room. So far, the only part of Athens I've seen is the road leading from the airport to the Hotel.


The good thing is that my hotel is right next to the acropolis (vocab word!), so I can see the Parthenon just outside my window. Awesome. Tonight my group is going to dinner, I'm hoping we'll have roast lamb, as I saw several ex-lambs roasting on spits on my way here.

Tomorrow, I'll be going to Mycenae where one of the two earliest Greek civilizations lived. I'll see the tomb of Agamemnon, which we saw in the Greece Engineering an Empire video. We'll also be stopping at the great theater at Epidaurus.

I'll be sure to take pictures and post some videos of more interesting things I see, other than the emergency sign on the back of my hotel room door. Check it out, it looks funny:
'B' is the funniest. A bath? Really?!


5 comments:

  1. Hey, glad you got in, HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a super funny vid

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have an AMAZING TIME

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you have a great time! Try to post some more videos. I hope you get some sleep on the trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks like ur gona have a great time!!!
    have a lot of fun

    ReplyDelete